We're currently looking to hire a SIP and Voice Engineer with at least three years’ experience.
What the suitable candidate will be responsible for:
Perform system monitoring, daily checks, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications. They will be troubleshooting at a complex level, identifying root cause, return to service, mitigation plans, and create/document procedures. Evaluate, analyse, install, test, configure, and administer networks, infrastructure, and applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
- Take the lead role in the management and maintenance of our core VoIP stack.
- Design and template customer voice / SIP solutions.
- Review existing customer deployments and create a plan to migrate to templates / resolve design issues.
- Upskill front line NOC staff on initial voice / SIP problem resolution.
- Provide second level support to front line NOC staff and direct to high-value customers.
- Customer and pre-sales support including documentation of networks and solutions.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation. From time to time, late night work will be required from home / on customer premises.
- Travel and work from client sites will be occasionally required with suitable attire (min: smart casual) and presentation.
The successful candidate is required to have experience with most of the following:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluency with SIP/SDP/RTP protocols and codecs.
- Experience with IP networking – particular where it applies to VoIP and QoS.
- Knowledge of security considerations in VoIP networks including a good understanding of VPNs / tunneling, packet filters, stateful firewalling and some experience with firewall devices.
- Good documentation skills.
- Full driving license.
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience with Digitalk or similar platform.
- Experience with Dialogic/Juniper/Adtran
- Third level qualification in computer science / mathematics / physics
The ideal candidate will have an active interest in much of the above; be capable of independent problem solving and learning; and an ability to work on one's own initiative. You should also have an analytical and methodical approach to solving problems.
The position is available immediately
Location; Based in Nutgrove Office Park, Dublin.
Salary will be based on experience.
Confidentiality is assured.